Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week 10

After my 10th straight week of playing Rock Band, I have decided to change up my playing style. Instead of the traditional career mode or just playing songs I like, I have decided to open the game up to the true band mode. I have played more often with my friends, creating our own band called the Jammerz. We all alternate positions, but I enjoy playing the guitar most. Yes, I have become pretty experienced on all of the instruments, but I still feel the most comfortable on the guitar. As the Jammerz, my friends and I have actually challenged other bands as well. My XBOX 360 has an online feature and we have had the opportunity to challenge other bands from across the world, using the online gaming mode. While we become very competitive, both our band and the bands we play against enjoy the musical challenge and the friendly atmosphere we create. Rock Band creates a social interaction between players, that most games could only dream of. Thanks to XBOX Live we have been able to experience rock competitions that rival a battle of the bands competition and this aspect of the game is completely different than the one player mode. This could be used in classrooms to give students the opportunity to collaborate and compete in rock music competitions. The social aspect of this game is not one to miss and while it is different from the one player career mode, it offers different features and can teach different social interaction skills to its users.

No comments:

Post a Comment